We are hiring!!! We run boat dive trips to our local reefs and wrecks on up to 4 days per week, currently Wednesday through to Sunday and up to 2 times per day. We recently upgraded our facilities, allowing us to focus more on PADI courses going forward and we just commissioned our second dive boat.
We require an energetic and personable PADI Instructor on a casual basis for 3-4 days per week. This is a dual role as you will also help us with the general administration of our diving business so excellent knowledge about social media, booking systems, email and general trip coordination are a must have.
ABOUT THE ROLE
You will conduct PADI courses as required at our Runaway Bay Marina facility. You will work closely with the Owner and Coxswains in a ‘one team’ fashion. On non-teaching days, you will either work as a Dive Guide on our charter trips or stay back at the Marina to manage bookings, answer the phone, respond to email queries, manage social media, fill tanks, prepare boat trips, pick up divers from hotels and keep our facility neat and tidy. We also require you to recruit and roster volunteers for dive guiding duties. Our operation is well established and has been refined over the last 12 months, with a documented management system in place that is easy to follow. Tasks may include but are not limited to:
- Work closely with our Coxswain to prepare the boat, hire gear, catering etc.,
- General customer service,
- Asist with the turnaround of the boat in between trips on the same day,
- Pick up and drop off customers from hotels as required,
- Shop for food and other supplies needed for our boat trips,
- Act as a Divemaster on our boat trips as required, or recruit and roster volunteers for Divemaster duties,
- Act as a PADI Instructor and conduct courses as required,
- Fill tanks, clean and maintain equipment,
- Monitor emails and answer the phone as required,
- Review and file dive rosters and other checklists,
- Pre-plan trips based upon online bookings and review divers’ experience levels,
- Check online waiver lodgements prior to our dive trips,
- Engage with customers and provide guidance and advice regarding gear sales,
- Fill tanks after trips and for walk-in customers,
- Visually check our hire gear frequently and report any damage or excessive wear,
- Monitor social media and post updates, pictures etc.
The ideal candidate lives locally near Runaway Bay Marina or ideally near Surfers Paradise as this is where most of our morning pickups are. You also possess excellent interpersonal skills and are familiar with general office administration tasks including emailing and general customer service. Skills we desire are summarised as follows:
- Be a friendly person with a professional attitude, capable to act as a role model,
- PADI Instructor with recent teaching experience,
- Allowed to live and work in Australia,
- Physically capable and healthy,
- Driver’s Licence,
- Computer knowledge incl. word/excel/mail etc. (Apple),
- Prior experience with online booking systems desired,
- Organisational skills,
- Understanding of social media and marketing,
- Good writing skills,
- Basic equipment knowledge for the purpose of recommending gear to customers,
- Must be available Friday to Sunday incl. public holidays as required.
INDICATIVE WORKING TIME
- Wednesday to Sunday depending on demand,
- Either half days 6am to 1pm or full days 6am to 4pm,
- Potential midday shifts from 10am to 4pm.
WHAT WE OFFER
- Be part of a fun team,
- We are the only Gold Coast Dive Centre that exclusively dives offshore in the ocean and not in the Broadwater, making your work fun and enjoyable,
- Work up to 4 days a week with the intention to work in admin and maintenance on some of the typical non-diving days (e.g. bad weather),
- Earn attractive commissions on equipment sales,
- Implement your own strategies and campaigns that you think will help improving our operation,
- Private use of our mobile phone during work hours,
- Limited private use of company car provided you live close to the marina,
- Buy diving equipment for your own use at whole sale rate,
- Help us grow and turn your role into a full-time Managers role down the track.
HOW TO APPLY
- Please do not call us about this ad. We are often busy and prefer to preview applications in writing first. This also helps us to assess your written communication skills.
- Make sure you have read all the information provided
- Email a short introduction about yourself to email@example.com
- Include your PADI Instructor number
- Attach a Resume/CV if you have one or a reference contact instead
- It would be great if you could include a link to your social media profile on either Instagram, Linkedin or Facebook
Thank you very much for your interest! We can’t wait to hear from you.