beginner & advanced
Learn to Scuba Dive
From $645.00 Duration: 3 or 4 Days (approx.) Location: Hollywell, QLD
Fall in love with the ocean. See the ocean with your own eyes and start showcasing the beauty of our underwater world. Learn to scuba dive with PADI and inspire your family and friends to follow your lead. You are the future ocean.
THE GOLD COAST’S BEST VALUE LEARN TO DIVE PACKAGE
Learning to scuba dive is, without a doubt, a life changing experience that will introduce you to the magic of the underwater world and certify you to explore this ocean planet.
Our goal is to teach you in a relaxed and proficient manner, to become safe and confident divers who will be inspired to become advocates for the preservation of our seas.
The PADI Open Water Diver course at Gold Coast Dive Adventures is, by far, the most thorough and best value for money learn-to-dive package on the Gold Coast. The course consists of three days of PADI training and includes a day diving at our local reef+wreck sites onboard our custom-built dive vessel, Blue Manta II.
We offer two variations on the PADI Open Water Diver course; the standard OWD course and our OWD+ option. We always highly recommend the PADI OWD+ which gives you an additional day of diving on the dive boat with a value of $195 for just $100 extra; as well as $60 worth of free dive gear hire every time you dive with us, up to three months after completing your course. The extra day of diving will help you refine your skills as a certified diver and allows you more time below the surface to really discover what Gold Coast diving has to offer, with no requirement to complete further skills (unless you want your instructor to teach you bubble-ring magic!).
Be cautious of other companies, who operate shorter, cheaper courses and have larger groups. We keep our groups to a maximum of four, so you have as much of your expert instructor’s attention as you need.
The course is structured over three days but encourages you to opt-in for our four-day PADI Open Water Diver+ program. Both courses certify you to dive with a buddy to a maximum depth of 18m/60ft anywhere in the world, without the necessity of diving with a Divemaster or an instructor.
Study starts at home with PADI’s online eLearning theory component. Once booked onto the course you will be sent a link to access the material which you can then complete at your own pace prior to joining us for the practical sessions.
On day one you will commence your course in the pool for confined water training. We will give you as much time as you need to learn essential dive skills and will coach you until you are comfortable and familiar with your dive equipment.
Open water ocean dives will then be conducted from the shore on day two and off of our comfortable 9m dive vessel on day three. These dives will give you the skills and knowledge necessary to access the majority of the world’s dive sites no matter where they are or how they are accessed.
We also offer private instruction for our Open Water Diver courses for one-on-one learning or any sized group you desire. Get in touch with us for more information regarding this.
- Get certified to a depth of 18m
- Get started today with PADI eLearning as soon as you sign up
- Course runs over 3 days. With the PADI Open Water Diver+ Course, you get an additional 1 day of fun diving to practice and embed your skills and you get 3 months of free gear rental when diving with us
Day 1 – will include equipment set up, Knowledge review and dive-skill practice in a heated swimming pool.
Day 2 – (The Spit, Main Beach) will take you on your first 2 Open Water Dives in the Gold Coast Seaway.
Day 3 – (Runaway Bay Marina) will be your final day of formal training, and your first day diving from the boat, completing 2 more Open Water Dives and gaining PADI Open Water certified status!!
Day 4 – (optional) (Runaway Bay Marina) will get you offshore to dive the reefs and wrecks with us on a double-dive boat trip. Offshore dive site options include the wreck of the Scottish Prince, Palm Beach Reef and many more depending on weather conditions.
You can continue your training to deeper depths and learn even more useful skills with the PADI Advanced Open Water Diver Course (30m) as soon as you are certified. Ask us for a special bundle deal!
STANDARD COURSE INCLUSIONS
- Small group training (1 – 4 students)
- PADI eLearning, diver’s logbook & certification card
- Pool/confined water training
- 4 open water training dives in the ocean
- All dive equipment included for the course
OPEN WATER DIVER+ COURSE INCLUSIONS
Same inclusions as the standard OWD course; plus…
- Two additional certified fun dives on our dive boat to our local Reefs+Wrecks sites
- Free dive gear hire for three months on completion of your course and when diving our dive boat charters
- Minimum 10 years of age
- Able to swim
- Be of good physical and mental health
- No medical is needed unless you are over 45 years of age or you have a YES response upon your medical deceleration
- Check our calendar for available start dates (in general, on Wednesdays and Saturdays) however we can also customise course dates and structures so send us an email or give us a call and we will work out the best option for you!
- Wednesday courses are completed on 3 consecutive days
- Saturday courses are completed part-time over 2 weekends
- Alternative dates are possible. Email or call us to discuss.
- Cost for dive medical in case you need one
- Transport from your accommodation to the dive centres
WHERE DO YOU DIVE
- We conduct Pool Training in a nearby swim centre
- Your first 2 Open Water Training Dives are conducted from the shore at the Gold Coast Seaway, the Spit
- Your 4 offshore boat dives are conducted at one of our amazing local shipwrecks or reefs depending on conditions
BEFORE YOU BOOK
- Check our website calendar for both course dates, and subsequent offshore boat dive dates (reef+wreck dive)
- Offshore Dives should be scheduled immediately once the course has been booked. No refunds are available when you do not take advantage of our offshore double dive or free gear hire as part of this package
- Should we cancel the offshore dive due to weather conditions and you are unable to reschedule, you will receive a voucher instead
- Courses and subsequent dives may need to be rescheduled due to weather conditions
- All eLearning must be completed before the first day of training, or if you want, we can customise the course to be taught in our classroom
- To reschedule your first course day due to sickness, 3 days’ notice is required and a medical certificate. Any other cancellation reasons require 5 days’ notice
LET US TAKE YOU TO THE OCEAN AND SHOW YOU HOW TO LIVE
Scuba Refresher Program
From $295.00 Duration: 1 day Location: Runaway Bay
Our scuba refresher program includes a private dive instructor and 2 boat dives. It is designed for rusty divers, wanting to get their confidence back.
This experience includes all dive equipment. An optional upgrade to include online dive theory is available but not mandatory. We have designed this program for rusty divers that have had their last dive between 1 and 5 years. Email us if you have been dry for longer than this.
How this program works
We will get you to arrive at the shop early where you will meet your private instructor. Before we get on the boat your private instructor will run you over all of the key features of your dive equipment and how to set it up, complete a theory review and make sure you are comfortable with anything you need before we head out on the boat for a double dive reef and wreck trip. Whilst on the boat your instructor will run you through some much-needed skills, give you loads of pointers, and will dive side by side with you for your 2 dives giving you as much help and guidance as you need.
What do you get
- A private PADI instructor for your dives
- A double boast dive to our reefs and wrecks
- All dive equipment included
- PADI ReActivate Dive Theory Online Access
- Replacement PADI Certification Card
This course is available any day our double dive reef and wreck trips are running. Simply book in early to make sure we have an instructor free for you.
Advanced Open Water Diver
From $795.00 Duration: 3 Days (approx.) Location: Hollywell
Becoming a PADI Advanced Open Water Diver is not really a course, it is an adventure program designed to advance your diving, so you can start right after earning your PADI Open Water Diver certification. The course helps building confidence and expands your scuba skills through different Adventure Dives (5+1 in total) including a deep dive to 30m.
This 2-3 day program starts with prior online learning in your own time, followed by 5+1 ocean dives. Upon completion, you will earn the PADI Advanced Open Water Diver Qualification.
This course can commence almost every Saturday and can be completed over 2 weekends. The deep dive is subject to availability of our advanced dive charter tour.
WHERE DO WE DIVE?
Depending on the trip schedule on a specific weekend and weather conditions, we will complete your course at several sites such as:
- Wave Break Island
- 80 Foot Reef (Deep Dive – 28m)
- Campos Reef
- Scottish Prince Shipwreck
- Greta’s Reef
- Migaloo Reef
- Mermaid Reef
- Palm Beach Reef
- Gold Coast Seaway
BASIC COURSE OUTLINE*
Once enrolled, we will email you your online learning access details within 24h of your booking. The coursework can be completed in 3-5hours continues study but we recommend to spread it out over a few days. There is no exam however, quizzes and knowledge reviews need to be completed for each chapter.
Day 1 – Double Boat Dive 6:30am to 1pm
- Boat Adventure Dive
- Underwater Naturalist Adventure Dive
Day 2 – Double Boat Dive
- Navigation Adventure Dive
- Peak Performance Buoyancy or Fish ID Dive
Day 3 – Single or Double Boat Dive
- Deep Adventure Dive
*) The above is a guide only and is subject to change due to whether conditions and trip logistics.
- PADI Online Learning
- 5+1 Training Dives
- Tanks and weights
- Snacks and hot soup on surface intervals
- PADI Advanced Open Water Certification
- Transfers between accommodation
- Diving equipment hire (other than tanks and weights)
- All inclusive course package – $795
- Hire gear deal (late rate) – $50 per day
RESCUE DIVER COURSE + DOUBLE DIVE
From $795.00 Duration: 2+1 Days (approx.) Location: Runaway Bay, QLD
Scuba divers describe the PADI Rescue Diver course as the most challenging, yet most rewarding course they’ve ever taken. Why? Because you learn to prevent and manage problems in the water, and become more confident in your skills as a diver, knowing that you can help others if needed. Our course includes an additional double boat dive with us.
During the course, you learn to become a better buddy by practicing problem solving skills until they become second nature. Plus, the course is just fun – it’s serious, but still allows for lots of laughter in between the focused learning. Commencement dates are flexible. Email us beforehand to discuss. This course is conducted at Wave Break Island with our Partner PADI Dive Centre Queensland Scuba Diving Company. Why? We specialise in offshore certified diving rather than teaching. Facilitating a course whilst on our offshore tours would attract high cost and also provide not the most ideal environment for rescue training.
What will you learn?
The PADI Rescue Diver course prepares you to deal with dive emergencies, minor and major, using a variety of techniques. Through knowledge development and rescue exercises, you learn what to look for and how to respond. During rescue scenarios, you put into practice your knowledge and skills. Topics include:
- Self rescue
- Recognizing and managing stress in other divers
- Emergency management and equipment
- Rescuing panicked divers
- Rescuing unresponsive divers
How does the course work?
- You can start right now by enrolling which will give you your PADI eLearning login.
- The course is conducted over 2 days which do not need to be consecutive days.
- The course is conducted at WaveBreak Island (Broadwater) with Queensland Scuba Diving Company
- Following on from your course we will take you on a free double dive tour with us as part of the package.
Where do I dive?
- The rescue skill practice can be conducted in a swimming pool on the Gold Coast in the shallow waters of Wave Break Island
- The Open Water session will conducted at the Gold Coast Seaway or Wave Break Island or offshore depending with our trip schedule on any particular day.
What is the basic Itinerary of the course?
- Enrol in your course and receive the online learning access pass or hard copy manual with DVD.
- Complete all knowledge reviews and agree on training dates with your instructors
- Day 1 – learn and practice rescue skills
- Day 2 – put all your learnings into practice with real life rescue scenarios.
Where from here once I am certified?
- Once certified it is vital to keep diving. The Scuba Coach runs dive trips nearly every weekend which will give you the opportunity to build up your confidence and to stay in touch with your instructor.
- Browse our trips on our Facebook page.
- Be certified as a PADI Advanced Open Water Diver or equivalent
- Have a current CPR and First Aid certificate at time of certification.
- PADI Rescue certification card
- PADI course materials
- Pool entries
- Tanks and weights for training dives
- Additional double dive with tanks and weights (reef+wreck)
- Food and Drinks
- Equipment Hire other than tanks and weights
- First Aid and CPR Certificate
OPEN WATER FREEDIVER
From $495 Duration: 3 days (approx.) Location: Ashmore, QLD
This 2.5 days AIDA Open Water Freediving Course runs almost every weekend and will certify you to dive safely up to 20m of depth. Gold Coast Dive Adventures has partnered with the amazing team of Freediving Gold Coast, the largest and only freediving school on the Gold Coast that operates their own vessel.
How does this course work?
The course commences on Friday night with a solid theory session followed by 2 days of pool and ocean diving. You will learn the safety concepts of freediving along with the techniques to maximise your breath holding capability. All ocean dives are conducted offshore, off the Gold Coast from boats.
You need to be at least 18 years old and of reasonable fitness and health. If you answer YES to any question of the medical questionnaire, you may need to obtain a dive medical beforehand. Download Medical Form Here.
You will obtain the internationally recognised AIDA 2 Ocean Diver certification.
All equipment needed can be hired at reasonable flat rates for the duration of the course. We recommend to purchase at least a mask and freediving fins. Email us for special offers.
This course is available on most weekends. Email us to check availability.
From $1,885.00 Duration: 90 Days (approx.) Location: Runaway Bay, QLD
The PADI Divemaster course is your first level of professional training. Working closely with a PADI Instructor, you’ll fine-tune your dive skills, like perfecting the effortless hover, and refine your rescue skills so you anticipate and easily solve common problems. You’ll gain dive knowledge, management and supervision abilities so you become a role model to divers everywhere.
As a Divemaster Trainee with us, you will help us running our boat dives ex Runaway Bay Marina and assist on shore dives. You will ensure that all divers are having a safe and enjoyable trip by acting as either a Dive Supervisor, In-Water Dive Guide, Surface Watch, Instructor Assistant and Deck Hand in strict compliance with The Scuba Coach’s Work Health and Safety Manual and PADI Standards. Our experienced Instructors will provide you all the support and couching you need.
We operate under a best industry practice Quality Management System. Therefore, you will learn the business of diving the way it should be. We do not short-cut this course so you should not be under any time pressure.
What will you learn?
The PADI Divemaster course teaches you to be a leader and take charge of dive activities. Through knowledge development sessions, waterskills exercises and workshops, and hands-on practical assessment, you develop the skills to organize and direct a variety of scuba diving activities. Topics and practical workshops include:
- The role and characteristics of the PADI Divemaster
- Supervising dive activities and assisting with student divers
- Diver safety and risk management
- Divemaster conducted programs and specialized skills
- Business of diving and your career
- Awareness of the dive environment
- Dive setup and management
- Mapping an open water site
- Conducting dive briefings
- Organizing a search and recovery project and a deep dive
- Conducting a scuba review and skin diver course
- Assisting with Discover Scuba Diving and leading Discover Local Diving programs
What do you need to enrol?
- Be a friendly and healthy person with a professional attitude, capable to act as a role model,
- Be a qualified PADI Rescue Diver
- Have at least 40 logged dives,
- Possess current Oxygen Provider Certificate,
- Possess current First Aid and CPR Certificate,
- Have knowledge of local dive sites (not essential),
- Be ideally based on the Gold Coast (not essential).
What do I get?
You will become part of the extended Scuba Coach family, receive high quality and customised training, receive discounts on all our products and most importantly dive with us for FREE even after you are certified (conditions apply). The training will be part-time and run over a few months with a few days work per month. We do not like to rush this course. At the end you will be certified as a PADI Divemaster.
Cost, Booking and Payment
- 75% of the cost is payable at time of enrolment (non-refundable)
- The remaining 25% can be paid over time but prior to the final theory exam
- Please email us prior to making a booking to have a chat
- Any prerequisite diving certifications up to Rescue Diver
- PADI Membership Fees (once certified)
- PADI Insurance once certified
- Dive Gear except for tanks and weights
- Travel costs to and from dive departure locations
- Selected dive trips may attract an additional charter fee (discounted) however it is not essential to participate in these type of dives.