beginner + advanced
Learn to Scuba Dive
From $795.00 Duration: 3+1 Days (approx.) Location: Hollywell, QLD
Help to make the world a better place. See the ocean with your own eyes and start showcasing the beauty of our underwater world. Learn to scuba dive with PADI and inspire your family and friends to follow your lead. You are the future ocean.
THE GOLD COAST’S BEST VALUE LEARN TO DIVE PACKAGE
Learn to scuba dive in 3+1 days and explore whats beneath the surface of our ocean. Our PADI Open Water Course is by far the best value learn to dive package on the coast and includes your 3 day PADI training plus an additional day of fun-diving at our local reefs and wrecks and one month of free gear hire whilst diving with us once you are certified. Gold Coast Dive Adventures is collaborating with our partner PADI Dive Centre, Queensland Scuba Diving Company to provide you with a great combination of inshore and offshore boat diving experiences. As a bonus, you will have one month of free gear hire with us once certified. We use PADI eLearning so you can start right now, today!
- Get started today with PADI eLearning as soon as you sign up
- We will mail you your log book ahead of your course
- Day 1 (Main Beach) will include equipment set up and dive skill practice in a swimming pool or at a calm shallow water confined dive site within the Broadwater.
- Day 2 (Main Beach) will take you on your first 2 Open Water Dives at Wave Break Island.
- Day 3 (Main Beach) will be your final day with 2 Open Water Dives and you will gain certified status.
- Day 4 (Runaway Bay) will get you offshore to dive the reefs and wrecks with us on a double boat dive trip.
- Dive site options include the wreck of the Scottish Prince and Palm Beach Reef.
- PADI eLearning, logbook and certification card
- Pool training/confined open water training
- 4 open water training dives + 2 offshore fun dives
- All dive equipment for the course
- Free dive gear hire for one month once certified (on our boat dive charters)
- Min 10 years of age
- Able to swim
- Be of good physical and mental health
- No medical is needed unless you are over 45 years of age or YES response upon medical deceleration
AVAILABILITY & COST
- Check our calendar for available start dates, usually every Wednesday
- Alternative date maybe possible. Email us to discuss.Course
- Price: $795 per person
- Dive medical if required (only needed after YES response on medical form)
- Food and personal spending money
- Transport from your accommodation to the dive centres
WHERE DO YOU DIVE
- We conduct Pool Training in either Runaway Bay, Southport, Main Beach, Miami or Wave Break Island
- Your Open Water Dives are conducted from boats at Wave Break Island
- Your 2 offshore boat dives are conducted at one of our shipwrecks or reefs depending on conditions
BEFORE YOU BOOK
- Check our website calendar for both, course dates and subsequent offshore boat dive dates (reef+wreck dive)
- Offshore Dive must be scheduled immediately once the course has been booked
- No refunds are available when you do not take advantage of our offshore double dive as part of this package
- Should we cancel the offshore dive due to weather conditions and you are unable to reschedule, you will receive a voucher instead or a free mask and snorkel. No refunds, whatsoever!
- Courses and subsequent dives may need to be rescheduled due to weather conditions
- All eLearning must be completed before the first day of training
- To reschedule your first course day due to sickness, 3 days notice is required plus a medical certificate. Any other cancellation reasons require 5 days notice
Scuba Refresher Program
From $295.00 Duration: 2 Days (approx.) Location: Main Beach & Runaway Bay
Our unique scuba refresher program includes 3 boat dives over 2 days and is designed for rusty divers, wanting to get their confidence back.
This experience includes all dive equipment. An optional upgrade to include online dive theory is available but not mandatory. We have designed this program for rusty divers that have had their last dive between 1 and 5 years. Email us if you have been dry for longer than this.
How this program works
Day 1 will have you attend an introductory scuba diving experience at Wave Break Island ex Main Beach, a sheltered and calm dive site within the Broadwater. Whilst this experience is designed for non-certified divers, it is the ideal opportunity for you to log an easy dive under the full supervision of a PADI Instructor. It will include the practice of essential skills such as mask clearing, regulator recovery and clearing, equalisation buoyancy control followed by an Open Water Dive. This first dive is conducted by our partner PADI Dive Centre Queensland Scuba Diving Company.
Day 2 will get you back into the ocean by attending our reef and wreck double dive tour ex Runaway Bay. You will practice gear assembly, refresh your theory knowledge by spending time with our dive masters and instructors. We dive in small groups which allows for a personalised experience.
What do you get
- A single boat dive at Wave Break Island with a PADI Instructor
- A double boast dive to our reefs and wrecks
- All dive equipment included
- PADI ReActivate Dive Theory Online Access
- Replacement PADI Certification Card
This session extends over 2 days which do not have to be on consecutive days. Day one is available daily. Day 2, ocean double dives is available on weekends only (availability is limited. Book well in advance).
Advanced Open Water Diver
From $795.00 Duration: 3 Days (approx.) Location: Hollywell
Becoming a PADI Advanced Open Water Diver is not really a course, it is an adventure program designed to advance your diving, so you can start right after earning your PADI Open Water Diver certification. The course helps building confidence and expands your scuba skills through different Adventure Dives (5+1 in total) including a deep dive to 30m.
This 2-3 day program starts with prior online learning in your own time, followed by 5+1 ocean dives. Upon completion, you will earn the PADI Advanced Open Water Diver Qualification.
This course can commence almost every Saturday and can be completed over 2 weekends. The deep dive is subject to availability of our advanced dive charter tour.
WHERE DO WE DIVE?
Depending on the trip schedule on a specific weekend and weather conditions, we will complete your course at several sites such as:
- Wave Break Island
- 80 Foot Reef (Deep Dive – 28m)
- Campos Reef
- Scottish Prince Shipwreck
- Greta’s Reef
- Migaloo Reef
- Mermaid Reef
- Palm Beach Reef
- Gold Coast Seaway
BASIC COURSE OUTLINE*
Once enrolled, we will email you your online learning access details within 24h of your booking. The coursework can be completed in 3-5hours continues study but we recommend to spread it out over a few days. There is no exam however, quizzes and knowledge reviews need to be completed for each chapter.
Day 1 – Double Boat Dive 6:30am to 1pm
- Boat Adventure Dive
- Underwater Naturalist Adventure Dive
Day 2 – Double Boat Dive
- Navigation Adventure Dive
- Peak Performance Buoyancy or Fish ID Dive
Day 3 – Single or Double Boat Dive
- Deep Adventure Dive
*) The above is a guide only and is subject to change due to whether conditions and trip logistics.
- PADI Online Learning
- 5+1 Training Dives
- Tanks and weights
- Snacks and hot soup on surface intervals
- PADI Advanced Open Water Certification
- Transfers between accommodation
- Diving equipment hire (other than tanks and weights)
- All inclusive course package – $795
- Hire gear deal (late rate) – $50 per day
RESCUE DIVER COURSE + DOUBLE DIVE
From $675.00 Duration: 2+1 Days (approx.) Location: Runaway Bay, QLD
Scuba divers describe the PADI Rescue Diver course as the most challenging, yet most rewarding course they’ve ever taken. Why? Because you learn to prevent and manage problems in the water, and become more confident in your skills as a diver, knowing that you can help others if needed. Our course includes an additional double boat dive with us.
During the course, you learn to become a better buddy by practicing problem solving skills until they become second nature. Plus, the course is just fun – it’s serious, but still allows for lots of laughter in between the focused learning. Commencement dates are flexible. Email us beforehand to discuss. This course is conducted at Wave Break Island with our Partner PADI Dive Centre Queensland Scuba Diving Company. Why? We specialise in offshore certified diving rather than teaching. Facilitating a course whilst on our offshore tours would attract high cost and also provide not the most ideal environment for rescue training.
What will you learn?
The PADI Rescue Diver course prepares you to deal with dive emergencies, minor and major, using a variety of techniques. Through knowledge development and rescue exercises, you learn what to look for and how to respond. During rescue scenarios, you put into practice your knowledge and skills. Topics include:
- Self rescue
- Recognizing and managing stress in other divers
- Emergency management and equipment
- Rescuing panicked divers
- Rescuing unresponsive divers
How does the course work?
- You can start right now by enrolling which will give you your PADI eLearning login.
- The course is conducted over 2 days which do not need to be consecutive days.
- The course is conducted at WaveBreak Island (Broadwater) with Queensland Scuba Diving Company
- Following on from your course we will take you on a free double dive tour with us as part of the package.
Where do I dive?
- The rescue skill practice can be conducted in a swimming pool on the Gold Coast in the shallow waters of Wave Break Island
- The Open Water session will conducted at the Gold Coast Seaway or Wave Break Island or offshore depending with our trip schedule on any particular day.
What is the basic Itinerary of the course?
- Enrol in your course and receive the online learning access pass or hard copy manual with DVD.
- Complete all knowledge reviews and agree on training dates with your instructors
- Day 1 – learn and practice rescue skills
- Day 2 – put all your learnings into practice with real life rescue scenarios.
Where from here once I am certified?
- Once certified it is vital to keep diving. The Scuba Coach runs dive trips nearly every weekend which will give you the opportunity to build up your confidence and to stay in touch with your instructor.
- Browse our trips on our Facebook page.
- Be certified as a PADI Advanced Open Water Diver or equivalent
- Have a current CPR and First Aid certificate at time of certification.
- PADI Rescue certification card
- PADI course materials
- Pool entries
- Tanks and weights for training dives
- Additional double dive with tanks and weights (reef+wreck)
- Food and Drinks
- Equipment Hire other than tanks and weights
- First Aid and CPR Certificate
OPEN WATER FREEDIVER
From $495 Duration: 3 days (approx.) Location: Ashmore, QLD
This 2.5 days AIDA Open Water Freediving Course runs almost every weekend and will certify you to dive safely up to 20m of depth. Gold Coast Dive Adventures has partnered with the amazing team of Freediving Gold Coast, the largest and only freediving school on the Gold Coast that operates their own vessel.
How does this course work?
The course commences on Friday night with a solid theory session followed by 2 days of pool and ocean diving. You will learn the safety concepts of freediving along with the techniques to maximise your breath holding capability. All ocean dives are conducted offshore, off the Gold Coast from boats.
You need to be at least 18 years old and of reasonable fitness and health. If you answer YES to any question of the medical questionnaire, you may need to obtain a dive medical beforehand. Download Medical Form Here.
You will obtain the internationally recognised AIDA 2 Ocean Diver certification.
All equipment needed can be hired at reasonable flat rates for the duration of the course. We recommend to purchase at least a mask and freediving fins. Email us for special offers.
This course is available on most weekends. Email us to check availability.
From $1,885.00 Duration: 90 Days (approx.) Location: Runaway Bay, QLD
The PADI Divemaster course is your first level of professional training. Working closely with a PADI Instructor, you’ll fine-tune your dive skills, like perfecting the effortless hover, and refine your rescue skills so you anticipate and easily solve common problems. You’ll gain dive knowledge, management and supervision abilities so you become a role model to divers everywhere.
As a Divemaster Trainee with us, you will help us running our boat dives ex Runaway Bay Marina and assist on shore dives. You will ensure that all divers are having a safe and enjoyable trip by acting as either a Dive Supervisor, In-Water Dive Guide, Surface Watch, Instructor Assistant and Deck Hand in strict compliance with The Scuba Coach’s Work Health and Safety Manual and PADI Standards. Our experienced Instructors will provide you all the support and couching you need.
We operate under a best industry practice Quality Management System. Therefore, you will learn the business of diving the way it should be. We do not short-cut this course so you should not be under any time pressure.
What will you learn?
The PADI Divemaster course teaches you to be a leader and take charge of dive activities. Through knowledge development sessions, waterskills exercises and workshops, and hands-on practical assessment, you develop the skills to organize and direct a variety of scuba diving activities. Topics and practical workshops include:
- The role and characteristics of the PADI Divemaster
- Supervising dive activities and assisting with student divers
- Diver safety and risk management
- Divemaster conducted programs and specialized skills
- Business of diving and your career
- Awareness of the dive environment
- Dive setup and management
- Mapping an open water site
- Conducting dive briefings
- Organizing a search and recovery project and a deep dive
- Conducting a scuba review and skin diver course
- Assisting with Discover Scuba Diving and leading Discover Local Diving programs
What do you need to enrol?
- Be a friendly and healthy person with a professional attitude, capable to act as a role model,
- Be a qualified PADI Rescue Diver
- Have at least 40 logged dives,
- Possess current Oxygen Provider Certificate,
- Possess current First Aid and CPR Certificate,
- Have knowledge of local dive sites (not essential),
- Be ideally based on the Gold Coast (not essential).
What do I get?
You will become part of the extended Scuba Coach family, receive high quality and customised training, receive discounts on all our products and most importantly dive with us for FREE even after you are certified (conditions apply). The training will be part-time and run over a few months with a few days work per month. We do not like to rush this course. At the end you will be certified as a PADI Divemaster.
Cost, Booking and Payment
- 75% of the cost is payable at time of enrolment (non-refundable)
- The remaining 25% can be paid over time but prior to the final theory exam
- Please email us prior to making a booking to have a chat
- Any prerequisite diving certifications up to Rescue Diver
- PADI Membership Fees (once certified)
- PADI Insurance once certified
- Dive Gear except for tanks and weights
- Travel costs to and from dive departure locations
- Selected dive trips may attract an additional charter fee (discounted) however it is not essential to participate in these type of dives.