beginner + advanced
Learn to Scuba Dive
From $845.00 Duration: 3+1 Days (approx.) Location: Hollywell, QLD
Help to make the world a better place. See the ocean with your own eyes and start showcasing the beauty of our underwater world. Learn to scuba dive with PADI and inspire your family and friends to follow your lead. You are the future ocean.
THE GOLD COAST’S BEST VALUE LEARN TO DIVE PACKAGE
Learn to scuba dive in 3+1 days and explore whats beneath the surface of our ocean. Our PADI Open Water Course is by far the best value learn to dive package on the coast and includes your 3 day PADI training plus an additional day of fun-diving at our local reefs and wrecks. Gold Coast Dive Adventures is collaborating with our partner PADI Dive Centre, Queensland Scuba Diving Company to provide you with a great combination of inshore and offshore boat diving experiences. As a bonus, you will have one month of free gear hire with us once certified. We use PADI eLearning so you can start right now, today!
- Get started today with PADI eLearning as soon as you sign up.
- Day 1 (Main Beach) will include equipment set up and dive skill practice in a swimming pool or at a calm shallow water confined dive site within the Broadwater.
- Day 2 (Main Beach) will take you on your first 2 Open Water Dives at Wave Break Island.
- Day 3 (Main Beach) will be your final day with 2 Open Water Dives and you will gain certified status.
- Day 4 (Runaway Bay) will get you offshore to dive the reefs and wrecks with us on a double boat dive trip.
- Dive site options include the wreck of the Scottish Prince and Palm Beach Reef.
- PADI eLearning, logbook and certification card
- Pool training/confined open water training
- 4 open water training dives + 2 offshore fun dives
- All dive equipment for the course
- Free dive gear hire for one month once certified
- Min 10 years of age
- Able to swim
- Be of good physical and mental health
- No medical is needed unless you are over 45 years of age or YES response upon medical deceleration
AVAILABILITY & COST
- Availability might be limited due to COVID19 restrictions
- Check our calendar for available start dates, usually every Wednesday and Saturday
- For groups of 4 students or more, all training can be conducted at Runaway Bay and at offshore dive sites, weather depending. Email us to discuss.
- Course Price: $845 per person
- Dive medical if required (only needed after YES response on medical form)
- Food and personal spending money
- Transport from your accommodation to the dive centres (available at extra cost)
WHERE DO YOU DIVE
- We conduct Pool Training in either Runaway Bay, Southport, Main Beach, Miami or Wave Break Island
- Your Open Water Dives are conducted from boats at Wave Break Island
- Your 2 offshore boat dives are conducted at one of our shipwrecks or reefs depending on conditions
BEFORE YOU BOOK
- Check our website calendar for both, course dates and subsequent offshore boat dive dates (reef+wreck dive)
- Offshore Dive must be scheduled immediately once the course has been booked
- No refunds are available when you do not take advantage of our offshore double dive as part of this package
- Should we cancel the offshore dive due to weather conditions and you are unable to reschedule, you will receive a free Apollo SV2 scuba mask instead ($129 value). No refunds, whatsoever!
- Courses and subsequent dives may need to be rescheduled due to weather conditions
- All eLearning must be completed before the first day of training
- Depending on group size, the course maybe conducted at Gold Coast Dive Adventures in full (4 days)
- To reschedule your first course day due to sickness, 3 days notice is required plus a medical certificate. Any other cancellation reasons require 5 days notice, otherwise no refunds are given.
ReActivate Scuba Refresher
From $295.00 Duration: 4 Hours (approx.) Location: Main Beach or Southport
Haven’t been diving lately and want a quick scuba refresher? The PADI ReActivate™ program is the perfect way to update your dive skills and knowledge from the PADI Open Water Diver Course before jumping back into the water. Whether you want a few reminders or need to go over the basics, ReActivate is personalized for you: You conveniently review scuba concepts on your tablet, mobile device or computer, then go diving with a PADI Professional.
Any PADI certified diver who wants a refresher or pre-travel update should ReActivate. Dive shops appreciate seeing a recent ReActivate date on your certification card because it means you’re ready to dive in.
How this course works
Using ReActivate Touch (for tablets or mobile devices) or ReActivate Online (for your personal computer), you’ll immerse yourself in dive scenarios and make decisions that test your understanding of important dive safety concepts, dive planning essentials and problem management. Move through ReActivate at your own pace and delve deeper into topics when you need or want to.
This program is conducted in a swimming pool followed by an optional ocean dive. You will practice basic scuba skills for as long as you need to regain confidence.
What do you get
- Access to the ReActivate touch application within 24h of booking,
- Discuss any diving theory questions with a PADI Professional,
- 2-3h one on one pool session with a PADI Professional,
- A replacement certification card with your ReActivate date on it.
If you do not have your own equipment, you can hire it as part of this course on the checkout page.
(can be added during the online booking process)
- Hire equipment,
- Open Water double dive following your pool session
- Hotel transfers
This session is typically available on weekends only however, limited weekdays are possible as well. Simply email us beforehand to confirm dates and availability. We also offer hotel transfers within the 4217 post code area.
Advanced Open Water Diver
From $695.00 Duration: 3 Days (approx.) Location: Hollywell
Becoming a PADI Advanced Open Water Diver is not really a course, it is an adventure program designed to advance your diving, so you can start right after earning your PADI Open Water Diver certification. The course helps building confidence and expands your scuba skills through different Adventure Dives (5+1 in total) including a deep dive to 30m.
This 2-3 day program starts with prior online learning in your own time, followed by 5+1 ocean dives. Upon completion, you will earn the PADI Advanced Open Water Diver Qualification.
This course can commence almost every Saturday and can be completed over 2 weekends. The deep dive is subject to availability of our advanced dive charter tour.
WHERE DO WE DIVE?
Depending on the trip schedule on a specific weekend and weather conditions, we will complete your course at several sites such as:
- Wave Break Island
- 80 Foot Reef (Deep Dive – 28m)
- Campos Reef
- Scottish Prince Shipwreck
- Greta’s Reef
- Migaloo Reef
- Mermaid Reef
- Palm Beach Reef
- Gold Coast Seaway
BASIC COURSE OUTLINE*
Once enrolled, we will email you your online learning access details within 24h of your booking. The coursework can be completed in 3-5hours continues study but we recommend to spread it out over a few days. There is no exam however, quizzes and knowledge reviews need to be completed for each chapter.
Day 1 – Double Boat Dive 6:30am to 1pm
- Boat Adventure Dive
- Underwater Naturalist Adventure Dive
Day 2 – Double Boat Dive
- Navigation Adventure Dive
- Peak Performance Buoyancy or Fish ID Dive
Day 3 – Single or Double Boat Dive
- Deep Adventure Dive
*) The above is a guide only and is subject to change due to whether conditions and trip logistics.
- PADI Online Learning
- 5+1 Training Dives
- Snacks and hot soup on surface intervals
- PADI Advanced Open Water Certification
- Transfers between accommodation
- Diving equipment other than tanks and weights (cheap hire options available on booking page)
Our course price is $695pp.
From $645.00 Duration: 2 Days (approx.) Location: Runaway Bay, QLD
Scuba divers describe the PADI Rescue Diver course as the most challenging, yet most rewarding course they’ve ever taken. Why? Because you learn to prevent and manage problems in the water, and become more confident in your skills as a diver, knowing that you can help others if needed.
During the course, you learn to become a better buddy by practicing problem solving skills until they become second nature. Plus, the course is just fun – it’s serious, but still allows for lots of laughter in between the focused learning. Commencement dates are flexible. Email us beforehand to discuss.
What will you learn?
The PADI Rescue Diver course prepares you to deal with dive emergencies, minor and major, using a variety of techniques. Through knowledge development and rescue exercises, you learn what to look for and how to respond. During rescue scenarios, you put into practice your knowledge and skills. Topics include:
- Self rescue
- Recognizing and managing stress in other divers
- Emergency management and equipment
- Rescuing panicked divers
- Rescuing unresponsive divers
How does the course work?
- You can start right now by enrolling which will give you your PADI eLearning login.
- The course is conducted over 2 days which do not need to be consecutive days.
- The course is conducted in both, swimming pool and the ocean
Where do I dive?
- The rescue skill practice can be conducted in a swimming pool on the Gold Coast
- The Open Water session will conducted at the Gold Coast Seaway or Wave Break Island or offshore depending with our trip schedule on any particular day.
What is the basic Itinerary of the course?
- Enrol in your course and receive the online learning access pass or hard copy manual with DVD.
- Complete all knowledge reviews and agree on training dates with your instructors
- Day 1 will be in a swimming pool to learn and practice rescue skills
- Day 2 will be in the ocean where you put all your learnings into practice with real life rescue scenarios.
Where from here once I am certified?
- Once certified it is vital to keep diving. The Scuba Coach runs dive trips nearly every weekend which will give you the opportunity to build up your confidence and to stay in touch with your instructor.
- Browse our trips on our Facebook page.
- Be certified as a PADI Advanced Open Water Diver or equivalent
- Have a current CPR and First Aid certificate at time of certification.
- PADI Rescue certification card
- PADI course materials
- Pool entries
- Tanks and weights for training dives
- Boat charter fees
- Food and Drinks
- Equipment Hire other than tanks and weights
- First Aid and CPR Certificate
OPEN WATER FREEDIVER
From $495 Duration: 3 days (approx.) Location: Ashmore, QLD
This 2.5 days AIDA Open Water Freediving Course runs almost every weekend and will certify you to dive safely up to 20m of depth. Gold Coast Dive Adventures has partnered with the amazing team of Freediving Gold Coast, the largest and only freediving school on the Gold Coast that operates their own vessel.
How does this course work?
The course commences on Friday night with a solid theory session followed by 2 days of pool and ocean diving. You will learn the safety concepts of freediving along with the techniques to maximise your breath holding capability. All ocean dives are conducted offshore, off the Gold Coast from boats.
You need to be at least 18 years old and of reasonable fitness and health. If you answer YES to any question of the medical questionnaire, you may need to obtain a dive medical beforehand. Download Medical Form Here.
You will obtain the internationally recognised AIDA 2 Ocean Diver certification.
All equipment needed can be hired at reasonable flat rates for the duration of the course. We recommend to purchase at least a mask and freediving fins. Email us for special offers.
This course is available on most weekends. Email us to check availability.
From $1,885.00 Duration: 90 Days (approx.) Location: Runaway Bay, QLD
The PADI Divemaster course is your first level of professional training. Working closely with a PADI Instructor, you’ll fine-tune your dive skills, like perfecting the effortless hover, and refine your rescue skills so you anticipate and easily solve common problems. You’ll gain dive knowledge, management and supervision abilities so you become a role model to divers everywhere.
As a Divemaster Trainee with us, you will help us running our boat dives ex Runaway Bay Marina and assist on shore dives. You will ensure that all divers are having a safe and enjoyable trip by acting as either a Dive Supervisor, In-Water Dive Guide, Surface Watch, Instructor Assistant and Deck Hand in strict compliance with The Scuba Coach’s Work Health and Safety Manual and PADI Standards. Our experienced Instructors will provide you all the support and couching you need.
We operate under a best industry practice Quality Management System. Therefore, you will learn the business of diving the way it should be. We do not short-cut this course so you should not be under any time pressure.
What will you learn?
The PADI Divemaster course teaches you to be a leader and take charge of dive activities. Through knowledge development sessions, waterskills exercises and workshops, and hands-on practical assessment, you develop the skills to organize and direct a variety of scuba diving activities. Topics and practical workshops include:
- The role and characteristics of the PADI Divemaster
- Supervising dive activities and assisting with student divers
- Diver safety and risk management
- Divemaster conducted programs and specialized skills
- Business of diving and your career
- Awareness of the dive environment
- Dive setup and management
- Mapping an open water site
- Conducting dive briefings
- Organizing a search and recovery project and a deep dive
- Conducting a scuba review and skin diver course
- Assisting with Discover Scuba Diving and leading Discover Local Diving programs
What do you need to enrol?
- Be a friendly and healthy person with a professional attitude, capable to act as a role model,
- Be a qualified PADI Rescue Diver
- Have at least 40 logged dives,
- Possess current Oxygen Provider Certificate,
- Possess current First Aid and CPR Certificate,
- Have knowledge of local dive sites (not essential),
- Be ideally based on the Gold Coast (not essential).
What do I get?
You will become part of the extended Scuba Coach family, receive high quality and customised training, receive discounts on all our products and most importantly dive with us for FREE even after you are certified (conditions apply). The training will be part-time and run over a few months with a few days work per month. We do not like to rush this course. At the end you will be certified as a PADI Divemaster.
Cost, Booking and Payment
- 75% of the cost is payable at time of enrolment (non-refundable)
- The remaining 25% can be paid over time but prior to the final theory exam
- Please email us prior to making a booking to have a chat
- Any prerequisite diving certifications up to Rescue Diver
- PADI Membership Fees (once certified)
- PADI Insurance once certified
- Dive Gear except for tanks and weights
- Travel costs to and from dive departure locations
- Selected dive trips may attract an additional charter fee (discounted) however it is not essential to participate in these type of dives.
PADI ADVANCED OPEN WATER DIVER (part time)
From $245.00 Duration: 365 Days (approx.) Location: Runaway Bay, QLD
Continue your diving adventure today with the PADI eLearning in your own time. The PADI Advanced Open Water Diver Course certifies you to dive to 30m depth and is designed to increase your confidence and skills.
ADVANCE YOUR DIVING AT YOUR OWN PACE
This is not really a course and the main focus lies in clocking adventure dives. As such, we have developed a convenient and cost effective part-time program for you to become and Advanced Open Water Diver. You simply buy your eLearning today and complete your five (5) adventure dives as part of our normal dive charter tours on the Gold Coast, spreading them over as long as 12 months if you wish. You can of course also complete adventure dives with any other PADI dive centres anywhere around the world as long as you properly log these dives as adventure dives.
WHAT YOU WILL GET
- PADI eLearning for tablet and desktop
- PADI Certification Card once certified
- Instructor time if you complete your adventure dives with us on the Gold Coast
- Min age 12 years
- Be a certified diver to 18m
- Complete a medical self-deceleration
HOW IT WILL WORK
- Sign up today and get started online, completing all knowledge reviews and quizzes. Total time commitment: 6-8 hoursWhenever you are ready, you will complete 3 double dive tours including a deep dive and navigation dive.
- There is no rush. You have 12 months from purchase until certification.
- Browse our diving calendars (reef+wreck dive trip) and book online any date that suits you but giving us advanced notice via email so that we can ensure, an instructor is available on the day you desire.
- You can complete adventure dives with other PADI dive centres as well. For example, if you dive the exHMAS Brisbane with Sunreef, why not getting the wreck adventure dive signed off and logged at the same time.
- A great way to get additional adventure dives is to join us on selected weekend trips to North Stradbroke Island, South Solitary Islands or South West Rocks. Ask us about dates and availability of instructors on these trips.
- Your deep dive, if not conducted elsewhere, will need to be scheduled on one of our advanced reef+wreck tours. Once again, please give us advanced notice before you book online to ensure an instructor is available on the day.
- Should you be on a tight schedule and unable to complete all your dives with us, you will be able to complete your course with any other dive centre around the world as long as you remain within the 12 month expiry window.
- Note: students in the age bracket of 12-14 years of age will be certified to 22m depth only. Once you turn 15 years, this restriction is lifted.
AVAILABLE ADVENTURE DIVES AT GCDA
Due to logistical constrains, we are not able to offer all PADI adventure dives. Your first 2 dives will typically be the Boat Diver and Fish ID. This will allow you to get comfortable with our boat and dive sites. Following on from there, the Deep Dive and Navigation Dive are mandatory adventure dives which will leave only one more dive to complete which can be Wreck Diver, Underwater Photography, Underwater Naturalist or Peak Performance Buoyancy. Once again, if you are planning dives elsewhere, ask the dive centre whether the dive can count towards your adventure dives.
- Dive charter fees (3 double dives)
- Dive gear hire
- Dive medical (typically not needed)
- Instructor fees if adventure dives are completed else where
- Log Book (available for $15)
- Some adventure dives are not available at our dive centre e.g. ice diver etc.
- Book now online
- Receive your eLearning access within 24h