beginner + advance
Learn to Dive Experience
From $595.00 Duration: 3 Days (approx.) Location: Hollywell, QLD
Our boutique style 3 day PADI Open Water Course is customised to your needs in a small group of no more than 4 participants. The single most important thing after completing your course is to simply keep diving. This is why we are adding on to this course a FREE double boat dive to the Gold Coast Reefs and Wrecks once you are certified (conditions apply).
What does this qualification allow me to do?
- Dive in Open Waters up to 18m depth
- Internationally recognised certification
- Continue your education and become a PADI Pro
There are 3 options for this course:
2 weekends – Commence on any Saturday or Sunday and complete the course the following weekend (3 days total)
1 weekend – On selected weekends with a public holiday on Friday or Monday, the 3 day course can be conducted on 3 consecutive days.
Need something else? Email us and ask.
How does the course work?
You can start right now on your computer or tablet via the PADI Touch Tablet application.
You will conduct some self-study in your own time prior the pool training, watch short video clips and complete some quizzes and knowledge reviews. The online and touch applications are simple and guide you through the process.
Once complete you will book in for your 3 day practical training session with your PADI Instructor.
Day 1 / starts in our class room where will conduct a short theory quiz and run you through the schedule of the upcoming 3 days. We also look at diving equipment and will try on and prepare all your equipment needed for the course. The afternoon is spent at the Swimming Pool, where you practice basic scuba skills. This session will take between 4hours and 6hours depending on how much practice you require. There is no rush!
Day 2 / will have you conducting your first 2 Open Water Dives from our vessel Blue Manta.
Day 3 / will be your final day of the course where you conduct your final 2 Open Water Dives from our boat.
Where do I dive?
We conduct Pool Training in either Miami or Main Beach.
Your Open Water Dives is conducted from boats which is our major point of difference.
Our Boat Dives are conducted off the the Gold Coast at sites like Migaloo Reef, Greta’s Reef and the Scottish Prince Shipwreck. We also have Wave Break Island as a back-up site, in case weather is against us.
Do I need any Scuba Equipment?
NO – However for hygienic and comfort reasons we strongly recommend to purchase at least your own mask and snorkel as. Ask us for a deal along with your course or whether we have any current promotions.
As our student, we offer you a massive discount on our mask range which saves you up to 30%.
Where from here once I am certified?
Now you are part of the Scuba Coach family and we will look after you for the years to come.
Once certified it is vital to keep diving immediately. The Scuba Coach runs dive trips nearly every weekend which will give you the opportunity to build up your confidence and to stay in touch with your instructor. Browse our trips on our Facebook page.
Whilst you keep diving with us, you should upgrade your certification to PADI Advanced Open Water Diver and dive up to 30m deep.
We will help you finding the right gear at the right price with our price match guarantee exclusively for our ex-students.
- Be at least 12 years of age (10years in NSW)
- Have basic swimming skill
- Complete a medical questionnaire (click on the link to download the form)
- No dive medical is required unless you have answered ‘yes’ to any of the medical questions.
Enrolment and Payment
Please email us beforehand to confirm session times and availability.
We require full payment at the time of enrolment which will give you access to the PADI eLearning or Touch Application. Because you receive the course materials, this portion of the course in non-refundable but you can transfer to another instructor if desired.
Remember that you have to complete your self-study prior to the practical session. Give yourself sufficient time before committing to the date. We suggest at least 2 weeks however, a keen student may finish the online portion within a few consecutive hours.
- PADI Open Water Touch Application
- Diver Log Book
- Pool Entry fees
- Equipment hire
- PADI Open Water Certification Card
- 4+4 training dives (pool + open water)
- FREE double dive with tanks and weights once certified (to be redeemed within 4 weeks of certification)
- Travel costs and transfers between Pool and Dive Sites, ask us for a lift!
- Food and Drinks
- Cost of Dive Medical if required
Frequently asked questions
For more information please visit www.PADI.com/FAQ
ReActivate Scuba Refresher
From $245.00 Duration: 4 Hours (approx.) Location: Main Beach
Haven’t been diving lately and want a quick scuba refresher? The PADI ReActivate™ program is the perfect way to update your dive skills and knowledge from the PADI Open Water Diver Course before jumping back into the water. Whether you want a few reminders or need to go over the basics, ReActivate is personalized for you: You conveniently review scuba concepts on your tablet, mobile device or computer, then go diving with a PADI Professional.
Any PADI certified diver who wants a refresher or pre-travel update should ReActivate. Dive shops appreciate seeing a recent ReActivate date on your certification card because it means you’re ready to dive in.
How this course works
Using ReActivate Touch (for tablets or mobile devices) or ReActivate Online (for your personal computer), you’ll immerse yourself in dive scenarios and make decisions that test your understanding of important dive safety concepts, dive planning essentials and problem management. Move through ReActivate at your own pace and delve deeper into topics when you need or want to.
This program is conducted in a swimming pool followed by an optional ocean dive. You will practice basic scuba skills for as long as you need to regain confidence.
What do you get
- Access to the ReActivate touch application within 24h of booking,
- Discuss any diving theory questions with a PADI Professional,
- 2-3h one on one pool session with a PADI Professional,
- A replacement certification card with your ReActivate date on it.
If you do not have your own equipment, you can hire it as part of this course on the checkout page.
(can be added during the online booking process)
- Hire equipment,
- Open Water double dive following your pool session
- Hotel transfers
This session is typically available on weekends only however, limited weekdays are possible as well. Simply email us beforehand to confirm dates and availability. We also offer hotel transfers within the 4217 post code area.
Advanced Open Water Diver
From $595.00 Duration: 2 Days (approx.) Location: Hollywell
Becoming a PADI Advanced Open Water Diver is not really a course, it is an adventure program designed to advance your diving, so you can start right after earning your PADI Open Water Diver certification. The course helps building confidence and expands your scuba skills through different Adventure Dives.
This 2 day program starts with prior online learning in your own time, followed by 5 ocean dives on the Gold Coast reefs and wrecks over 2 days. Upon completion, you will earn the PADI Advanced Open Water Diver Qualification.
This course can commence almost every Saturday and can be completed over a single weekend however, you are able to spread the course over 2 weekends if desired in which case a Sunday commencement is possible as well. Please contact us prior to your booking in order to confirm availability.
WHERE DO WE DIVE?
Depending on the trip schedule on a specific weekend and weather conditions, we will complete your course at several sites such as:
- 80 Foot Reef (Deep Dive – 28m)
- Scottish Prince Shipwreck
- Greta’s Reef
- Migaloo Reef
- Mermaid Reef
- Palm Beach Reef
Further to these sites, we have back-up options in case waether is against us such as Wave Break Island or a drift dive along the Gold Coast Seaway South Wall.
BASIC COURSE OUTLINE*
Once enrolled, we will email you your online learning access details within 24h of your booking. The coursework can be completed in 3-5hours continues study but we recommend to spread it out over a few days. There is no exam however, quizzes and knowledge reviews need to be completed for each chapter.
Day 1 (Saturday) – Double Boat Dive 6:30am to 1pm
- Boat Adventure Dive
- Underwater Naturalist Adventure Dive
Day 2 (Sunday) – Double Boat Dive + Single Boat Dive 6:30am to 3pm
- Deep Adventure Dive
- Navigation Adventure Dive
- Peak Performance Buoyancy or Fish ID Dive
*) The above is a guide only and is subject to change due to whether conditions and trip logistics.
- PADI Online Learning
- 5 Training Dives
- Snacks and hot soup on surface intervals
- PADI Advanced Open Water Certification
- Transfers between accommodation
- Diving equipment other than tanks and weights (cheap hire options available on booking page)
We will meet you at Runaway Bay Marina.
From $595.00 Duration: 2 Days (approx.) Location: Runaway Bay, QLD
Scuba divers describe the PADI Rescue Diver course as the most challenging, yet most rewarding course they’ve ever taken. Why? Because you learn to prevent and manage problems in the water, and become more confident in your skills as a diver, knowing that you can help others if needed. During the course, you learn to become a better buddy by practicing problem solving skills until they become second nature. Plus, the course is just fun – it’s serious, but still allows for lots of laughter in between the focused learning. Commencement dates are flexible. Email us beforehand to discuss.
What will you learn?
The PADI Rescue Diver course prepares you to deal with dive emergencies, minor and major, using a variety of techniques. Through knowledge development and rescue exercises, you learn what to look for and how to respond. During rescue scenarios, you put into practice your knowledge and skills. Topics include:
- Self rescue
- Recognizing and managing stress in other divers
- Emergency management and equipment
- Rescuing panicked divers
- Rescuing unresponsive divers
How does the course work?
- You can start right now by enrolling which will give you your PADI eLearning login.
- The course is conducted over 2 days which do not need to be consecutive days.
- The course is conducted in both, swimming pool and the ocean
Where do I dive?
- The rescue skill practice can be conducted in a swimming pool on the Gold Coast
- The Open Water session will conducted at the Gold Coast Seaway or Wave Break Island or offshore depending with our trip schedule on any particular day.
What is the basic Itinerary of the course?
- Enrol in your course and receive the online learning access pass or hard copy manual with DVD.
- Complete all knowledge reviews and agree on training dates with your instructors
- Day 1 will be in a swimming pool to learn and practice rescue skills
- Day 2 will be in the ocean where you put all your learnings into practice with real life rescue scenarios.
Where from here once I am certified?
- Once certified it is vital to keep diving. The Scuba Coach runs dive trips nearly every weekend which will give you the opportunity to build up your confidence and to stay in touch with your instructor.
- Browse our trips on our Facebook page.
- Be certified as a PADI Advanced Open Water Diver or equivalent
- Have a current CPR and First Aid certificate at time of certification.
- PADI Rescue certification card
- PADI course materials
- Pool entries
- Tanks and weights for training dives
- Boat charter fees
- Food and Drinks
- Equipment Hire other than tanks and weights
- First Aid and CPR Certificate
MASTER SCUBA DIVER ACADEMY
From $28 per week Duration: 6 Months (approx.) Location: Runaway Bay, QLD
The PADI Master Scuba Diver rating places you in an elite group of respected divers who have earned this rating through both significant experience and scuba training. Fewer than two percent of divers ever achieve this rating. When you flash your Master Scuba Diver card, people know that you’ve spent time underwater in a variety of environments and had your share of dive adventures.
To achieve the rating, you need to be trained to Rescue Diver level, have completed 5 Specialty certification and have at least 50 logged dives at the end of the program. Sounds complicated and expensive? NO! It has never been easier to become a Master Scuba Diver with our Master Scuba Diver Academy starting from as little as $28 per week.
How does this program work?
Our Academy runs between 6 and 12months on a payment plan, starting from $28 per week. The duration depends on your timing, our logistics and your current certification level. You can start without any diving experience (from Zero to Hero) or as an Open Water, Advanced or Rescue Diver. Once you sign up, you will choose your package and payment options. We will then schedule all courses with you bit by bit. There is no rush and we are flexible with timing so you can chose the days or weekends that suit you best. Part of the MSD Program is to gain diving experience (50 dives) so you will need to do some fun dives in between which we offer you at a 20% discount for the duration of the program.
How much does it cost?
You save up to $980 with this package!!! To get started, we only require a $495 deposit and your first weekly instalment. Depending on your current certification level, you can chose between the following options:
- Deposit = $495
- From Rescue Diver = $27.80 per week (6 months)
- From Advanced Diver = $63.25 per week (6 months)
- From Open Water Diver = $41.10/week (12months)
OR $81.00/week (6 months),
- Never dived before = $50.05/week (12months)
OR $98.70/week (6 months),
If you have never dived before or are Open Water certified, we recommend a 12 month program duration.
Want to pay upfront?
You will save even more if you wish to pay everything at once as our weekly instalments over 6 months include a 3.5% admin fee. The one-off prices are as follows:
- From Rescue Diver = $1195
- From Advanced Diver = $1590
- From Open Water Diver = $2035
- You never dived before = $2480
What do I get?
- PADI Course Materials
- Training Dives as required by the course or specialty
- All dive gear needed for courses
- 20% off reef+wreck double dives outside the training dives (fun dives)
- 50% off reef+wreck double dives when on stand-by (fun dives)
- 20-30% off dive equipment
- GCDA T-Shirt and Mask Strap
What’s not included?
- Any dives outside the minimum training dives to reach your 50 logged dives
- Charter costs if you decide to conduct certain training dive on our social day trips or weekends away
- Medicals if needed
- First Aid and CPR Certificate (needed for rescue course)
- Any lost or damaged hire equipment
What do I need to start?
- Be 15 years of age (talk to us if you are between 12 and 14)
- Australian Credit Card
Hit the Book Now button below and complete the booking form online and pay the deposit. We will then contact you and confirm your payment plan with you.
The Program Structure
The program runs over 6 or 12 months depending which package you choose. We will teach the courses for Open Water, Advanced and Rescue first prior to getting into specialties however, our logistics may dictate a slightly different approach. We will always talk to you and work out what suits best. We will issue you the course materials staged for the specific course/certification you are working on at the time. The materials are a mixture of online learning and books. Should you complete the program well in advance of the expiry of your weekly instalments, a one-off balance payment will be required to obtain your final MSD Certification Card.
What Specialties are available?
We can offer a variety of specialties but our logistics dictate some of them. We also strongly believe that some specific specialties should definitely be part of this program hence we make them mandatory. These include Deep Diver, Peak Performance Buoyancy and Emergency Oxygen Provider. You will decide on the remaining 2 specialties together with your PADI Instructor.
- Make payments as stipulated in this product description
- Pro-actively participate in the training
- Be on time and adhere to agreed times for dives and theory sessions
- Complete your course no later than then 3 months after the last instalment was paid
- Meet all performance requirements as outlined in the PADI Course Manuals
From $1,495.00 Duration: 90 Days (approx.) Location: Runaway Bay, QLD
The PADI Divemaster course is your first level of professional training. Working closely with a PADI Instructor, you’ll fine-tune your dive skills, like perfecting the effortless hover, and refine your rescue skills so you anticipate and easily solve common problems. You’ll gain dive knowledge, management and supervision abilities so you become a role model to divers everywhere. As a Divemaster Trainee with us, you will help us running our boat dives ex Runaway Bay Marina and assist on shore dives. You will ensure that all divers are having a safe and enjoyable trip by acting as either a Dive Supervisor, In-Water Dive Guide, Surface Watch, Instructor Assistant and Deck Hand in strict compliance with The Scuba Coach’s Work Health and Safety Manual and PADI Standards. Our experienced Instructors will provide you all the support and couching you need.
We operate under a best industry practice Quality Management System. Therefore, you will learn the business of diving the way it should be. We do not short-cut this course so you should not be under any time pressure.
What will you learn?
The PADI Divemaster course teaches you to be a leader and take charge of dive activities. Through knowledge development sessions, waterskills exercises and workshops, and hands-on practical assessment, you develop the skills to organize and direct a variety of scuba diving activities. Topics and practical workshops include:
- The role and characteristics of the PADI Divemaster
- Supervising dive activities and assisting with student divers
- Diver safety and risk management
- Divemaster conducted programs and specialized skills
- Business of diving and your career
- Awareness of the dive environment
- Dive setup and management
- Mapping an open water site
- Conducting dive briefings
- Organizing a search and recovery project and a deep dive
- Conducting a scuba review and skin diver course
- Assisting with Discover Scuba Diving and leading Discover Local Diving programs
What do you need to enrol?
- Be a friendly and healthy person with a professional attitude, capable to act as a role model,
- Be a qualified PADI Rescue Diver
- Have at least 40 logged dives,
- Possess current Oxygen Provider Certificate,
- Possess current First Aid and CPR Certificate,
- Have knowledge of local dive sites (not essential),
- Be ideally based on the Gold Coast (not essential).
What do I get?
You will become part of the extended Scuba Coach family, receive high quality and customised training, receive discounts on all our products and most importantly dive with us for FREE even after you are certified (conditions apply). The training will be part-time and run over a few months with a few days work per month. We do not like to rush this course. At the end you will be certified as a PADI Divemaster.
Cost, Booking and Payment
- 75% of the cost is payable at time of enrolment (non-refundable)
- The remaining 25% can be paid over time but prior to the final theory exam
- Please email us prior to making a booking to have a chat
- Any prerequisite diving certifications up to Rescue Diver
- PADI Membership Fees (once certified)
- PADI Insurance once certified
- Dive Gear except for tanks and weights
- Travel costs to and from dive departure locations
- Selected dive trips may attract an additional charter fee (discounted) however it is not essential to participate in these type of dives.
Terms and Conditions
This course price is highly competitive and assumes that you are not on a tight schedule. We provide this discounted course as we require you to help us running our dive trips during your internship. If you are after a course in as fast as possible fashion, then we are not the right dive shop for you OR a surcharge of $485 applies.