the reef +
wreck dive trip.
From $75.00 Duration: 3-5 Hours (approx.) Location: Runaway Bay, Qld
This trip runs as a double dive or single dive tour and will get you to dive either Migaloo Reef, Greta’s Reef, 80Foot Reef, Campos Reef, Mermaid Reef, Palm Beach Reef or the historic Wreck of the Scottish Prince. We will choose the best sites on the day based on diving conditions and experience level of all aboard. We also have protected back-up dive sites should weather be against us.
- Offshore boat dive tour to the nearby reefs and wrecks
- Small groups of 8 divers max
- Comfortable, custom built dive vessels
- In-water dive guide provided
- Designated double and single dive sessions available (check calendar)
- Designated ‘advanced only’ trips available for deep dives (check calendar)
- Quality hire gear available (select on on booking page)
- Snacks, hot soup and tea provided in between dives
- Courtesy spray jackets provided to keep you warm whilst on the boat
- Courtesy 3mm shorties provided to wear as an extra layer (winter only)
- Hotel transfers available (select on on booking page)
- Free parking at Marina
- Toilet and shower facilities available at the marina
Please see our prices below. They are also displayed throughout the online booking process. Simply add any extras such as hire gear items or hotel transfers on the checkout page and pay online without fees. Its super easy!
Double Dive Trips (2 tanks)
- Dives with your gear – $125pp
- Dives with tanks and weights – $135pp
- Dives with full gear hire – $195pp
- Individual dive gear hire items – $10 to $25 per item
- Hotel transfer – $10pp
Single Dive Trips (1 tank)
- Dive with your gear – $75pp
- Gear hire deal (flat fee) – $50pp
- Dive with full gear hire – $125pp
- Individual dive gear hire – $10 to $20per item
Note: Our courtesy 3mm shorties are for your connivence during the winter months to wear as an additional layer underneath or over the top of your own wetsuit.
MEETING POINT & CHECK-IN TIMES
All our advertised times are meeting times and not departure times. This trip departs from Runaway Bay Marina. Your booking confirmation and reminder emails will include the address and a map. Alternatively please visit our contact page and scroll down to the bottom of the page for maps and directions. If you have booked a transfer, your pickup time will be about 45-60min before the meeting time.
- Be qualified as an Open Water diver with any agency with recent dive experience
- For designated advanced trips, you must be certified to dive to 30m and have recent dive experience (within 6 months) and be confident with free decent and blue water safety stops.
- You must present your diving certification card on the day
- You must use a dive computer (Queensland Law)
- You must carry a snorkel and Safety Sausage (Queensland Law)
- Please also note our terms and conditions on the checkout page
Our vessels are fast custom built dive boats. Blue Manta 2 is a 9m aluminium hull vessel carrying up to 9 divers and offering heaps of space to gear up and to relax in between dives. Blue Manta is a 6m semi inflatable dive RIB and can carry up to 6 divers. Both boats are fully set up for diving with tank rack, ladder and a shade canopy. Further features include an audio system and all legally required safety equipment.
If you need a hotel transfer, this can be booked as an extra on the next page. The pickup time is usually between 45min and 60min prior to the advertised meeting time but depends on your location. We will confirm the exact meeting time via sms and email on the evening before the trip. Please be on time as the shuttle can’t wait. Please note that transfers are only available on morning dives.
In rare circumstances, if the conditions should turn unexpectedly and if tide times permit it, the dives may be conducted at either Wave Break Island as a calm and protected back-up site or as a drift dive from the Seaway Entrance along the the southern or northern rock wall. This dive is truly spectacular and relaxing as the current of the incoming tide will do all the hard work for you. Other alternative backups include that we may conduct 2 dives at the same dive site.