Gold Coast Local
Reefs & Wrecks Dive Trips
From $95.00 Duration: 3-5 Hours (approx.) Location: Runaway Bay, Qld
This Gold Coast reef and wreck dive trip runs as a double dive or single dive tour and will get you to dive either Palm Beach Reef, Migaloo Reef, Mermaid Reef or the historic wreck of the Scottish Prince. We will choose the best sites on the day based on diving conditions and experience level of all aboard. During the calmer winter months, we also visit Cook Island Marine Reserve.
- Offshore boat dive tour to the nearby reefs and wrecks
- Small groups of 8 divers max (socially distanced)
- In-water dive guide provided
- Most experienced offshore diving operator on the Gold Coast
- Comfortable, custom built dive vessels
- Designated double and single dive sessions available (check calendar)
- Quality hire gear available (select on on booking page)
- Snacks, hot soup and tea provided in between dives
- Courtesy spray jackets provided to keep you warm whilst on the boat
- Courtesy 3mm shorties provided to wear as an extra layer (winter only)
- Hotel transfers available (select on on booking page)
- Free parking at Marina
- Toilet and shower facilities available at the marina
We run in very small groups. Please see our prices below. They are also displayed throughout the online booking process. Simply add any extras such as hire gear items or hotel transfers on the checkout page and pay online without fees. Its super easy!
Double Dive Trips (2 tanks)
- Dive with your gear – $135pp*
- Dives with tanks and weights – $155pp
- Gear hire deal (flat fee) – $60pp
- Dives with full gear hire – $195pp
- Individual dive gear hire items – $10 to $20 per item
- Hotel transfer – $25 per group and address
- * $15 surcharge applies for Cook Island Trips
Single Dive Trips (1 tank)
- Dive with your gear – $95pp
- Dive with tank and weights – $105
- Full gear hire deal (flat fee) – $55pp
- Dive with full gear hire – $150pp
- Individual dive gear hire – $10 to $20per item
MEETING POINT & CHECK-IN TIMES
All our advertised times are meeting times and not departure times. This trip departs from Runaway Bay Marina. Your booking confirmation and reminder emails will include the address and a map. Alternatively please visit our contact page and scroll down to the bottom of the page for maps and directions.
This dive tour is for certified divers only and not suitable as an introductory diving experience in the interest of your safety and enjoyment. Please see our diver requirements below.
- Be qualified as an Open Water Diver or higher with any agency with
- Have recent dive experience within 12 months if you have less than 25 logged dives or within 24 months if you have logged more than 25 dives.
- Refresher dives are available for $120pp on the day before the trip
- You must present your diving certification card on the day and complete our online dive waiver
- If you are diving with your own equipment, we require you to have a dive computer, a snorkel and safety sausage (SMB)
Our vessels are fast custom built dive boats with comfort in mind. Blue Manta 2 is a 9m aluminium hull vessel carrying up to 9 divers and offering heaps of space to gear up and to relax in between dives. Blue Manta is a 6m semi inflatable dive RIB and can carry up to 6 divers. Both boats are fully set up for diving with tank rack, ladder and a shade canopy. Further features include an audio system and all legally required safety equipment.
If you need a hotel transfer, this can be booked as an extra on the next page. The pickup time is usually between 45min and 60min prior to the advertised meeting time but depends on your location. We will confirm the exact meeting time via sms and email on the evening before the trip. Please be on time as the shuttle can’t wait. Please note that transfers are only available on morning dives. You can also reach our Marina via public transport or UBER.
In rare circumstances, if the conditions should turn unexpectedly and if tide times permit it, the dives may be conducted at either Wave Break Island as a calm and protected back-up site or as a drift dive from the Seaway Entrance along the the southern or northern rock wall. This dive is truly spectacular and relaxing as the current of the incoming tide will do all the hard work for you. Other alternative backups include that we may conduct 2 dives at the same offshore dive site.