the reef +
wreck dive trip.
From $115.00 Duration: 4 Hours (approx.) Location: Runaway Bay, Qld
This double dive will get you to dive either Migaloo Reef, Greta’s Reef, 80Foot Reef, Campos Reef, Mermaid Reef and the historic Wreck of the Scottish Prince. We will choose the best sites on the day based on diving conditions and experience level of all aboard. On a perfect day with flat seas, we may even head to Palm Beach Reef. We also have protected back-up dive sites should weather be against us.
- Double boat dive to the nearby reefs and wrecks
- Hire gear available on booking page
- Designated ‘advanced only’ trips available for deep dives (check calendar)
- Snacks, fresh fruit and hot soup provided in between dives
- Courtesy BURKE spray jackets to keep you warm (colder months only)
- Hotel transfers available on booking page
- Free parking at Marina
- Toilet and shower facilities available at the marina
- Be qualified as an Open Water diver with any agency and a confident diver F
- or designated advanced trips, you must be certified to dive to 30m and have recent dive experience (within 6 months).
- You must present your diving certification card on the day
- You must use a dive computer (Queensland Law)
- You must carry a snorkel and Safety Sausage (Queensland Law)
Our vessel is a fast custom built 6m rigid inflatable with aluminium hull. The boat is fully set up for diving with tank rack, ladder and a shade canopy. Further features include an audio system and all legally required safety equipment. Our top speed is 40knots with a cruising speed of 25 knots depending on wave height.
This trip departs from Runaway Bay Marina. Your booking confirmation and reminder emails will include the address and a map. Alternatively please visit our contact page for directions.
If you need a hotel transfer, this can be booked as an extra on the next page. The pickup time is usually between 45min and 60min prior to the advertised meeting time but depends on your location. We will confirm the exact meeting time via sms and email on the evening before the trip. Please be on time as the shuttle can’t wait.
In rare circumstances, if the conditions should turn unexpectedly and if tide times permit it, the dives may be conducted at either Wave Break Island as a calm and protected back-up site or as a drift dive from the Seaway Entrance along the the southern or northern rock wall. This dive is truly spectacular and relaxing as the current of the incoming tide will do all the hard work for you.