EXPLORE. EDUCATE. PROTECT.
Gold Coast Whale Watching Tours is brought to you by Gold Coast Dive Adventures. Each year between May and October, the Gold Coast becomes the migration highway for Humpback Whales.
Join us for a Whale Watching & Research Day Tour or sign up for one of our 3 day Marine Research and Rescue Expeditions with the team of Dr. Olaf, from the research group Humpback and Highrises. By the way, all our tours can be booked online.
Gold Coast Whale Watch + Marine Research Adventure
- Small group with maximum of 8 participants
- Hotel transfers available
- Closer encounters possible
- Knowledgeable staff
- Participate in research activities (optional)
- Educational components
- Waterproof jackets provided
- 3 – 4h return trip
- Departs twice daily on most days
3 Day Humpback Whale Research Expedition | Experience of a Lifetime
- 3 days of research activity
- 2 days of on-water survey and unique sampling activities using drones, tagging and skin sampling
- Limited to only 6 guests
- Laboratory work and presentations
- Optional dorm accommodation for 2 or 3 nights (see booking page for options)
- Private rooms available at additional cost (see booking page)
- Optional team BBQ attendance on Saturday night ($25 extra)