Southern Gold Coast
From $145.00 Duration: 4-6 Hours (approx.) Location: Runaway Bay, Qld
Our small group half day exploratory dive tours run as double or triple dive trips and will take you to the southern Gold Coast reefs, exploring dive sites rarely visited by commercial operators such as Palm Beach Reef, Kirra Reef, Desalination Plant, Snapper Rocks but also popular destinations such as Cook Island Marine Reserve and 9 Mile Reef are on our itinerary. Departing from Runaway Bay Marina on our comfortable dive vessel Blue Manta 2, all sites are within a 30-60min travel window. We also have nearby backup sites including the Scottish Prince shipwreck and Migaloo Reef in case the sea state does not allow for longer voyages.
- Double or triple offshore boat dive safari to rarely visited dive sites
- Small group limited to 8 divers only
- Comfortable 9m dive vessel with toilet and sheltered seating
- Various trip combinations available (check calendar)
- In-water dive guide provided
- Quality hire gear available (select on on booking page)
- Snacks and hot soup provided in between dives
- Courtesy spray jackets provided to keep you warm whilst on the boat
- Courtesy 3mm shorties provided to wear as an extra layer (winter only)
- Hotel transfers available (select on on booking page)
- Free parking at Marina
- Toilet and shower facilities available at the marina
Please see our prices below. They are also displayed throughout the online booking process. Simply add any extras such as hire gear items or hotel transfers on the checkout page and pay online without fees. Its super easy!
- Double dives with your gear – $145pp
- Double dives with tanks and weights – $155pp
- Triple Dive with your gear – $195pp
- Triple dive with tanks and weights – $210pp
- Dive gear hire – $5 to $20 per item (select on check-out)
- Hotel transfer – $5pp
The Dive Vessel
Our purpose built dive vessel Blue Manta 2 is a 9m monohull boat and beautifully set up for diving. There is comfortable seating for all divers undercover with protection from the elements making it an ideal long distance boat. We limit maximum numbers to 8 customers, resulting in the largest deck space per diver of any southern Queensland dive vessel. Blue Manta 2 possesses a toilet, stereo system, tank racks, dive ladder and canopy.
We depart right from Runaway Bay Marina (meeting point). No additional transfers are needed. The steam to and from the southern Gold Coast dive sites vary with the sea state. Palm Beach Reef is about 30min away whilst the cruise to Cook Island or 9 Mile Reef will take about 1 hour however, you will likely dive on 1 or 2 sites on the way before arriving at Cook Island. Our back-up sites such as the Scottish Prince Shipwreck are only 15min boat ride away.
- Be qualified as an Open Water diver with any agency and with recent dive experience
- For designated advanced trips, you must be certified to dive to 30m and have recent dive experience (within 6 months).
- You must present your diving certification card on the day
- You must use a dive computer (Queensland Law)
- You must carry a snorkel and Safety Sausage (Queensland Law)
- Please also note our terms and conditions on the checkout page
If you need a hotel transfer, this can be booked as an extra on the next page. The pickup time is usually between 45min and 60min prior to the advertised meeting time but depends on your location. We will confirm the exact meeting time via sms and email on the evening before the trip. Please be on time as the shuttle can’t wait.
MEETING POINT & CHECK-IN TIMES
All our advertised times are meeting times and not departure times. This trip departs from Runaway Bay Marina. Your booking confirmation and reminder emails will include the address and a map. Alternatively please visit our contact page and scroll down to the bottom of the page for maps and directions. If you have booked a transfer, your pickup time will be 45-60min before the meeting time.
If the sea state does not allow for a comfortable or save journey, we may divert the trip to our nearby sites such as the Scottish Prince Shipwreck, Palm Beach Reef and Migaloo Reef in which case we would refund the difference in price.