Gold Coast Local
Reefs & Wrecks Dive Trips
From $135.00 Duration: 3-5 Hours (approx.) Location: Runaway Bay, Qld
This Gold Coast local reef and wreck dive trip runs as a double dive tour and will take you to Palm Beach Reef, Migaloo Reef, Mermaid Reef, the historic wreck of the Scottish Prince or maybe even one of the new sites that we are regularly discovering! We will choose the best sites on the day based on diving conditions and the experience level of all aboard. We also offer dive trips to Cook Island Marine Reserve and 9 Mile reef so make sure to check out our other pages for information on these trips.
- Offshore boat dive tour to the nearby reefs and wrecks
- Small groups of 8 divers max (socially distanced)
- In-water dive guides provided
- Most experienced offshore diving operator on the Gold Coast
- Comfortable, custom built dive vessels
- Quality hire gear available (select on on booking page)
- Snacks, hot soup and tea provided in between dives
- Courtesy spray jackets provided to keep you warm whilst on the boat
- Courtesy 3mm shorties provided to wear as an extra layer (winter only)
- Hotel transfers available (select on on booking page)
- Free parking at Marina
- Toilet and warm shower facilities available at the marina
We run in very small groups. Please see our prices below. They are also displayed throughout the online booking process. Simply add any extras such as hire gear items or hotel transfers on the checkout page and pay online without fees. Its super easy!
Double Dive Trips (2 tanks)
- Dive with your gear – $135pp*
- Dives with tanks and weights – $155pp
- Gear hire deal (flat fee) – $60pp
- Dives with full gear hire – $195pp
- Individual dive gear hire items – $10 to $20 per item
- Hotel transfer – $25 per group and address
MEETING POINT & CHECK-IN TIMES
All our advertised times are meeting times and not departure times. This trip departs from Runaway Bay Marina. Your booking confirmation and reminder emails will include the address and a map. Alternatively please visit our contact page and scroll down to the bottom of the page for maps and directions.
This dive tour is for certified divers only and not suitable as an introductory diving experience in the interest of your safety and enjoyment. Please see our diver requirements below.
- Be qualified as an Open Water Diver or higher with any agency with
- Have recent dive experience within 12 months if you have less than 25 logged dives or within 24 months if you have logged more than 25 dives.
- Refresher dives are available for an extra fee on the day of the trip
- You must present your diving certification card on the day and complete our online dive waiver
- If you are diving with your own equipment, we require you to have a dive computer, a snorkel and safety sausage (SMB)
Our vessels are fast custom built dive boats with comfort in mind. Blue Manta 2 is a 9m aluminium hull vessel carrying up to 9 divers and offering heaps of space to gear up and to relax in between dives. Ocean Wanderer is a 9m ex-police custom diving RIB and can carry up to 12 divers, however we prefer to cap this at 10. Both boats are fully set up for diving with tank racks, ladders and a shade canopy. Further features include an audio system and all legally required safety equipment.
If you need a hotel transfer, this can be booked as an extra on the next page. The pickup time is usually between 45min and 60min prior to the advertised meeting time but depends on your location. We will confirm the exact meeting time via sms and email on the evening before the trip. Please be on time as the shuttle can’t wait. Please note that transfers are only available on morning dives. You can also reach our Marina via public transport or UBER.
Conditions in the Gold Coast can be very difficult at times and on occasion, we do have to cancel trips due to weather conditions. Refunds or re-scheduling are always an option and we will always work with you to make sure we either get you back out on the water when the weather is more ideal, or get your money back to you as fast as possible.