Gold Coast Seaway
DIVE GEAR HIRE + DELIVERY.
From $15.00 | Hire Duration: 90 Minutes (approx.) | Location: The Spit, Main Beach
Order your shore diving scuba equipment online today and we will have it delivered to the Gold Coast Seaway for you. This online delivery service will allow you to keep diving by maintaining the recommended social distancing. Simply collect your gear 45 min before high tide and return as you exit the water. The Gold Coast Seaway is tidal and diving is recommended on the slack tide.
- Book and pay online
- Refer to calendar for available dates
- Meet us 45 min before high tide to collect
- Return as you exit the water
- All gear cleaned and disinfected
- Email us for alternative dates
All dive gear hire prices are displayed once you click on an available date in our online calendar. The most popular items are below.
- Tank (80CuFt – DIN/Yoke) – $15
- BCD &Safety Sausage – $20
- Regulator with Computer – $25
- Wetsuit – $20
- Further items are available on the booking page.
WHERE TO FIND US
- The Seaway dive site is located at the end of Seaworld Drive, Main Beach, The Spit
- We will park our van as close to the diver access stairs as possible
- Watch out for a labeled van or 4WD
- Refer to your booking confirmation email for directions to the Spit
THE FINE PRINT
- Gear hire to certified divers only
- Bring and present certification card
- Maximum hire period 90 min from high tide
- All times displayed are meeting times.
- No cash payments are accepted
- All gear need to be pre-booked
- We recommend to only meet and dive in small groups of 2 and with people you are already spending time with in order to reduce transmission risk
- 24 hour cancellation period applies. Cancellations only effective via email.
ABOUT THE GOLD COAST SEAWAY
The Gold Coast Seaway is the most popular shore dive in South East Queensland. There are 3 main access points to dive from, 2 being purpose built diver access stairs along the northern rock wall and 1 being the beach on the western side of the Spit finger. There is an elevated pipeline on stands which runs from south to north across the Seaway as well as 2 large tank structures however, the actual rock wall offers most of the marine life. The depth varies from 3m to 18m with an average of 10m.
Less experienced divers should stick to the rock wall only as it is easy to navigate and the dive area is outside the busy navigation channel. Don’t forget to stick to safe diving practice which includes to always dive with a buddy and carry a SMB (safety sausage). You should also never dive the Gold Coast Seaway on an outgoing tide.